Clear glass medicine cup has an open, circular mouth and tapers towards the bottom with a thick base; sequential dosage indicators embossed around the cup.
Number Of Parts
Used at the Brockville Psychiatric Hospital
Date based on donor's remarks
Embossed on the inside: "1 oz // 3/4 // 1/2 // 1/4"// 30 CC // 25 // 20 // 15 // 10 // 5"; embossed on the inside, back: "TABLE // 2 // 1 // DESSERT" // "TEA // 8 // 6 // 4 // 2 // 1"; embossed on the bottom: "Rigo"
Storage Room 0010
Length 6.4 cm x Diam. 4.5 cm
Cup is like new
"Medical Tour Info" Brockville Psychiatric Hospital website; CD #5
Formerly known as the Eastern Hospital for the Insane, the Brockville Psychiatric Hospital opened in 1894; in 1903 the School of Nursing opened with one student who was given a two year course in nursing the mentally ill, this was one of Ontario's first nursing programs to specialize in psychiatric care; early in the 20th Century, the population expanded to 800 patients with as many as 100 patients at work on the grounds daily, the facility had a bakery, farm, garden, and a variety of shops including a butcher, tailor and carpenter (none of which are operational today); systems of treatment used throughout the years consisted of hydrotherapy, electroconvulsive therapy and vacational therapy; in 2000 the hospital was oficially transferred from the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care to the Royal Ottawa Health Care Group