Large pale green card stock covered booklet with lists of instruments required for various treatments with accompanying photos of the proper layout; includes photographs of nurses loading wall mounted sterlizers; attached at the back is a four sided orange sheet showing photos and information about…
Large pale green card stock covered booklet with lists of instruments required for various treatments with accompanying photos of the proper layout; includes photographs of nurses loading wall mounted sterlizers; attached at the back is a four sided orange sheet showing photos and information about various sterilizer products from the manufacture Castle; 36 pages.
Number Of Parts
Originally owned by the Brockville Psychiatric Hospital.
Printed on cover: "$1.00 per Copy // Revised Edition // STERILE TRAY // INDEX // for HOSPITALS // Published as a Hospital Service // by the // WILMOT CASTLE COMPANY // ROCHESTER, N.Y. // Property of // B. M. Kirker"; on inside cover: "Compiled by: Florence Donohue, R.N. // Central Supply Supervisor // Kitchener-Waterloo Hospital // Copyright 1957 by the Wilmot Castle Co."; on next page: "KITCHENER-WATERLOO HOSPITAL CSR // The "Sterile Tray Index for Hospitals" was born in this // modern Canadian Hospital Central Supply Department. // All tray sets, as outlined in the book, are processed in the // three large rectangular sterilizers shown. // To facilitate the huge work load and provide the simpli- // plest, safest control, the sterilizers are fitted with // automatic controls which are operately remotely from the // Supervisor's Office"
Storage Room 2005
2005-5-6 Binder B pg 10 a
Unit Of Measure
Length 27.9 cm X Width 21.5 cm X Depth 0.03 cm
like new inside; cover slightly faded especially around edges
"Medical Tour Info" Brockville Psychiatric Hospital website
Formally known as the Eastern Hospital for the Insane; the Brockville Psychiatric Hospital opened in 1894; in 1903 the School of Nursing opened with one student who was given a two year course in nursing the mentally ill, this was one of Ontario’s first nursing programs to specialize in psychiatric care; early in the 20th Century, the population expanded to 800 patients with as many as 100 patients at work on the grounds daily, the facility had a bakery, farm, garden, and a variety of shops including a butcher, tailor and carpenter (non of which are operational today); systems of treatment used throughout the years consisted of hydrotherapy, electro - convulsive therapy and vocational therapy; in 2000 the hospital was officially transferred from the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care to the Royal Ottawa Heath Care Group.