Empty blue tinted glass square bottle with clear glass stopper closure with orange paper label; stopper stuck in opening; hand blown glass with mould line slightly visible.
Number Of Parts
Acquired from the Academy of Medicine; source: owned and used by Dr. James (Jim) Robert Ronald McCrindle (1862-1952); he probably acquired it in the United Kingdom and brought it to Jamaica in 1904; donated by his granddaughter, Mrs. C. C. James of Kingston, Ontario.
glass: green, transparent
ink: black, red
Printed on label: "BRANDY. // F. & CO. // B"
Storage Room 0010
0010-A4-8 Box 2 Row B
Unit Of Measure
Stopper stuck in opening, minor brown stains inside bottom
Ferris & Co. established 1770 Bristol England Wholesale and export Druggists manufacturing Chemists makers of surgical instruments and hospital appliances every requisite for the Surgery, Dispensary and Hospital. Merchants, Shippers, and Importers; from 1887 advertisement. This company used various trade names and the trade name of Ferris & Co. began in 1883. The first time Ferris is included in the name was 1820, as Fry Gibbs & Ferris on Union Street in Bristol.